My hair prologue
I’ve attached a few photos through the years of my hair journey. From relaxers from 2006-2014 about every eight weeks! If you are thinking of going natural or transitioning to natural hair, do it!! It is so much better for you and your hair! It’s about the same price too just more time, and your hair will look better I guarantee it! I big chopped December 23, 2015! Unplanned the day before Christmas eve lol! I loved it! You are beautiful naturally! We do not need to change how we are to fit into society. I personally want to be the damn right opposite of our Millennial beauty standards! I’m so over big tots, big ass, big lips, and flat hair like okay it’s been done, honey. I had people make fun of me in school for my little short afro but 100% of those people are irrelevant now. Funny how that works. Something seems so monumental at the moment and two months later you can’t even remember so and so’s the name! Best not to waste your energy getting upset. So please if you’re thinking about it I urge you to watch YouTube videos on natural hair journeys! I probably watched over 50, they are super helpful! This is how the hair grows naturally out of our head! Why change it?
Tips for transitioning to natural hair
1. These tools I use daily. A Wide tooth comb, denim brush, boar bristle brush, satin pillowcase.
2. Find youtubers or bloggers with similar hair texture for inspiration.
3. Do not hang on to those ends sweetie they’re already dead. I recommend seeing a professional hair stylist!
4. Do not care what others think. They ALWAYS have an opinion. And it has NOTHING to do with you.
5. Leave in, oil, cream. This is for every time you wash and style. I always do these three steps. (Just find the best ones for you and stick to those you don’t need 700577839 products.
6. Deep condition as much as possible.
7. Find your favorite protective styles that are easy and nonmanipulative.
8. FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR HAIR!! If you don’t how do you expect others to? Peace and blessings also patience is key! 🌿🕊 #naturalhair #curlyhair #naturalhairjourney #blogmom
Photo by kilylaurenphotography
📸 Photos credits by @sarahdmock on Instagram
By @kileyylauren on Instagram
By @brownkaitlyne on Instagram
By @aswinchester23 on Instagram